Forum

The Maroon Incantation

TEXT: PATRICE OFFMAN ILLUSTRATION : Fiona Nòve May I be centred in the now moment and open myself to the loving presence of my god inside. May I...

THE ROAD AHEAD 2 FOOD SECURITY

The world as a whole has to rethink food production and consumption if we want to survive. Food security is not to be perceived...

LAÏCITÉ ET LIBERTÉ UN MÊME COMBAT

La laïcité est une règle de vie en société démocratique. Elle impose que soient données, aux hommes sans distinction de classe, d’origine, de confession,...

THE ALL-SEEING EYES : On the Safe City Project

There are sick minds everywhere. Including in Mauritius. There are those who envision a complete overhaul of our society, dream of one where strict...

NO NEED FOR AIRCON, AS RESEARCHERS INVENT GEL THAT LOWERS HUMIDITY

Being in a tropical country means living with higher humidity levels, especially on warm days. The water-absorbing hydrogel is eight times more efficient than...

Journée mondiale de l’Environnement : De « Maurice île Durable » à Maurice île poubelle

Alexandre Laridon « Dan tou proze devlopman ena enn ti antors a lanvironman ». C’est ce qu’avait déclaré Anil Gayan, le ministre du Tourisme, lors d’une conférence...

In Conversation with non-Muslims and Muslims

Saffiyah Edoo Tomorrow, when I go out with my head covered, which is my everyday attire, I may be persecuted on the streets openly. I...

Resistance

SURESH RAMPHUL On a grey cloudy day From nowhere A gust arrives and thrashes And slashes A yellow bamboo plant Like a whip Bending it and twisting it And forcing it to...

Pleure, ô pays bien-aimé

J. ROLAND PIERRUS Ce titre du livre d’Alan Paton, écrivain sud-africain, illustre bien ce que nous ressentons suite aux événements de ces derniers jours survenus dans notre pays....

MEN and ALCOHOL ABUSE : An Ugly STORY of Domestic Violence

LOVANIA PERTAB POUBA ESSOO Consultant CSR, Gender & Poverty The concept and definition of Domestic Violence has become so vast and far reaching that researchers have now termed...

les plus lus